Saturday, April 8, 2017


Good early morning folks.

Hopefully everyone is somewhere safe and comfortable.

I'm home, snuggled with my blankets and pillows on the sofa. Tired and a little sleepy because I've been awake over 16 hours.

When I checked my mailbox today (the real-life physical mailbox where I get snail mail), there was a card from my friend who lost her mom recently.

My friend is a devout Catholic. The card said Baby Bliss and I would be prayed for at the Easter Novena of Masses at the Basilica back home.

The card is pre-printed but she added her own handwritten greeting and sweet words about her mom. How thoughtful of her to do something so nice for us (and I'm sure others as well) in the midst of her own grief.

My prayers remain with my friend and her family as they continue to mourn the loss of their mother.

🌺 🌺  πŸŒΊ 

On a more personal note, I had a date last night. (Friday.)

He and I went on a couple of dates last year and although I thought he seemed to be a great guy, he was new to the area and still involved in getting out of a really long long-term relationship. So when I didn't hear from him after the two dates, I thought: I wasn't really his type, he was sowing his newly acquired wild oats, and/or he'd thought better of dating and was taking time to get himself together.

No big deal. I'm not fond of being the rebound chick.

Fast forward to a month or so ago and he reaches out on the dating site we met on.


We began exchanging emails every so often then the pace sped up a little. Finally we got around to talking about why we'd only had the two dates. I told him his understanding of events was a lot different from mine which led to him asking me to call him.

When we spoke by phone, although I still didn't recall things the way he did, I better understood why he thought we never went out again.

It turned out to be a good conversation and it ended with him asking me to dinner and a movie.

We met at a nearby "lifestyle/hybrid center" that consists of shops, restaurants, a movie theater, office space, and residential accommodations. It's laid out like a small town.

It's generally a safe place. I've had dates there in the past as well as gone with family and friends for various reasons.

My date and I met for dinner at 8 (I was late due to the horrible parking situation) at an upscale pizza joint. The pizza was freshly made and looked absolutely scrumptious. What surprised me is that it was almost tasteless. I don't know why. The sweet tea was good. Not too sweet like at a lot of places I've eaten.

After dinner we had about an hour before the movie was to start. We decided to take a drive in his car to run down the clock. We stayed in the general area, riding around talking. We still managed to get to the theater early and had to wait almost 10 minutes before previews started.

I chose the movie, Logan, because I'm a big fan of the X-Men series. Well folks, I was totally unprepared for the level of violence on the screen. Lots of gasping, arm-clenching, and screaming during this one. Thankfully no one shushed me.

No spoilers here but be warned if you have it on your want-to-see list.

He drove me to my car after the movie. We talked about the next movie we'll see (the new Fast and Furious installment), shared a long good night smooch, then parted.

I called to let him know I'd arrived home safely and thanked him again for the date. We talked for a few minutes then said good night.

And now it's almost 4 a.m. and though I could really really use 40 winks, looks like I'll be settling for 35.

Sweet dreams y'all.  πŸ˜΄

No comments: