Tuesday, April 11, 2017

737.

Hey folks!

I hope everyone has been safe since our last farewell.

Today was a cool day for me.

Where we live, some of the local theaters have $6 movies on Tuesday. Other than with dates, I don't go to the movies much. However, every now and again there's something new I want to see and I say I'm gonna go. Then I don't. 😑

To make sure I get to the theater more often, I created a standing "Tuesday movie" reminder on my mobile device.

If there's something I want to see, I go. If not, I dismiss the reminder and re-set it for the next week.

Today I decided to check out the early showing of "Get Out".

Note: I don't usually watch scary movies and definitely not alone. For one, I don't want nightmares. Secondly, anything that startles me at 10,000 decibels will make me scream or gasp loudly, as I mentioned most recently in post number 732.  I'm also a screaming laugh-er so there's that too...

This movie has been getting so much hype that even my friends are talking about it. However, no one is revealing spoilers.

Any who, when I awoke this morning, I kinda forgot what day it was. Partly because I'd forgotten to re-set my movie reminder.

Once I realized it was Tuesday, I had about 30 minutes to get ready and get to the theater. I knew I'd be late but I remembered how it felt like we'd seen 15 minutes of previews at the movie Friday evening.

So I tried it.

Well wouldn't ya know, I arrived at the theater and there was a line, a slowly-moving line.

What the hell?  ðŸ˜®

Yes, I live in a area where many retirees reside. It's also an area with a high percentage of at-home soccer moms.

Still, I expected that those people would have bought their tickets on Fandango so they could bypass the ticket window.

I swear they must have all collaborated last night, knowing I would be late.

*sigh*

I stood in line for a few minutes then realized I didn't want to be too late for the movie. Missing the opening scenes is no good. I decided to find a spot to hang out for a couple of hours, grab a bite while waiting for the next showing.

Common sense would have dictated catching a lunch special at one of the dozens of restaurants surrounding the theater. But when the tummy is rumbling, the brain isn't fully functioning. 😆

Instead, I drove to the nearest library, intending to read for an hour or so then grub on a salad and soup at Chick-Fil-A.

After I parked my car in the library's lot and sat there for a minute, it dawned on me: I needed vittles, having been awake for several hours and no breakfast. Off I went to Chick-Fil-A.

Lunch under my belt, I still had over an hour until show time. Dollar Tree was my next stop. I picked up a few cards to mail to friends back home who prefer snail mail and a few personal items. There was also brief conversation with a few friendly people and a visit to my post office box.

Finally it was time to head back to the theater.  ðŸš˜

Shorter line and I was early too.  ðŸ˜Š

Lots and lots of previews. Cool because now there's another movie I want to see that starts Mother's Day.

The movie... The movie was frightening for a number of reasons.

I'm not sharing any spoilers here.

Get to the theater and see it.

When you return home, Google for all the hype you can find (articles, interviews, soundtrack, etc.)

Then go see it again.

I plan to.  ðŸ‘€

No comments: