Saturday, May 18, 2019

878.

Happy Saturday y'all.

I hope everyone is feeling well and somewhere safe.

I'm doing well.

Nodding and tired but here I am. πŸ˜©πŸ˜„

It's been a long week and now the weekend is here. Hurray!

No special plans for me because last weekend was so busy: a birthday dinner for Baby Bliss, a graduation dinner for another family member, Mother's Day dinner too.

My weekend will be spent getting ready for my upcoming trip.

So much to-do on my list! Packing for sure but also (a)mending (a few dresses), crocheting (a gift for my host and possibly a belt for my dress), measuring and pouring (toiletries so I don't have to take whole 20 and 30 ounce bottles with me).

My friend and I had a two-hour conversation earlier. We rang off about 45 minutes ago. He works overnights so we talked as he worked. He's on the very short list of folk I'll be seeing when I'm home and I'm excited. πŸ’—

It's been six years since we've seen each other in person.

I'm having a bit of a row with my packing list. We can't seem to agree on what attire I'm actually taking with me. Some favorites for sure but there are also new things that should go too.

As well, the dress I originally planned to wear to the quinceaΓ±era has a rival. My first choice is a close-fitting evening gown in a deep, rich chocolate. It features a plunging v-neck and tank top style straps, a fitted bodice, and a crocheted spider web overlay that starts right under the breastbone and extends down a few inches.

I've had the dress for several years and worn it three times. (A retirement party, a wedding, and Baby Bliss' birthday dinner several years ago. Two of those events were in 2014.)

My jewelry (a cocktail ring and 2-inch half hoop earrings) is rose gold with faux gemstones.

The "alternate" dress is black. Long and sleek in a fabric I absolutely love. It's sleeveless. I can wear the same jewelry I planned to wear with the brown dress so that's a plus. If I have time, I'll crochet a beaded belt for the dress before I get outta here.

That's all for now folks. I've been awake since 7:30 yesterday morning. Sleep beckons. 😴

More later...

Smooches y'all. πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹

No comments: