Thursday, May 9, 2019

876.

Good morning my dears. 

I hope this post finds everyone happy and healthy.

I'm... here. Thankful and I do believe fairly healthy.

So much has happened since my last post... But that's what passes for "normal" in my life, lots happening.

Would I have it any other way? I'm not sure.

Let's get the sad news out of the way first:

- The death toll has risen. My godmother's husband died. I think it's been a month. ๐Ÿ’”

- There was a shooting at a university where a family member works. Sadly, two young men were murdered. Four others were shot and are hospitalized. Thankfully my family member wasn't on campus when it happened so was not harmed. 

My prayers for peace and healing for everyone affected by this horrific act.

๐ŸŒธ ๐ŸŒธ ๐ŸŒธ

Happy news:

- Baby Bliss will be celebrating her birthday soon and The Royal Court is gathering. One attendant has already arrived. The two of them are currently sleeping in Baby Bliss' room. The birthday dinner won't have as many celebrants as last year but the festivities will span several days.

- Miss L, a senior neighbor, invited me to a Mother's Day cookout via messenger (her brother). She and her brother are roommates and she and I met when I visited her brother to tell him that daddy had died. Miss L and I saw each other again at another neighbor's birthday cookout. 

I was told that she thought I was a very nice person and she wanted me to come enjoy the day with her family. A couple of other neighbors said Miss L's family cookouts are legendary so yes, I will be going and I'm thankful for the invite. (And the sweet compliment.)

- I'll be heading home for a long weekend soon, for a cousin's quinceaรฑera. I'm excited for a number of reasons, one or two of which I've alluded to in previous posts. It will definitely be an interesting trip. Stay tuned for details.

๐ŸŒธ ๐ŸŒธ ๐ŸŒธ

In other news, the suitors have been ramping it up in the past few weeks. No one new because I'm not actively using my online dating profile. These are familiar suitors: the Athlete, the Astronaut, Mr. Skittish, and The Other Guy (who lives in the neighborhood and grew up with a neighbor I'm fairly close with).

- I actually had dinner with The Other Guy a week or so ago. He's... different. Dinner was... interesting. Our before and after interaction is/was... strange, even by my standards.

But it's all good. He's who he is and I'm who I am. I like him as a friend.

Maybe we'll hang out again. Maybe not. He did ask me out again, after that dinner. He'd also asked me out before. I accepted but changed my mind later. He never asked me why and I didn't bring it up. Then there was the dinner.

I think he lives in a different emotional/mental/psychological space than I do. Which is cool in a friend but a definite no-no for someone I might date.

We see each other in passing in the neighborhood. We speak. He texts me sometimes; I text back...

- The Athlete and I hadn't spoken in over a month. We had gotten to a stage in our relationship where we weren't dating but we would see each other and talk/text occasionally. In March he did something that let me know it was time to cut things off with him.

He didn't agree with my assessment of the situation, which was fine. I still get final say on who I cavort with. 

He texted me last week, joking about some things we'd done in the past. I was polite but unamused. When he asked to see me, I told him no.

It's possible that at some future date I might change my mind but let's not hold our collective breath folks.

- The Astronaut and I have been texting sporadically, pleasantries and an occasional photo.

- Mr. Skittish has called and texted a few times in the past week, checking on me and flirting. He said he might come to town one weekend soon. I told him to let me know when, so we can hang out if I'm in town.

Honestly, right now I'm in a holding pattern where real dating is concerned. There is something (someone) I want (I think...) and sometimes we have to give up something to get something. So I'm giving up real dating in the present to possibly get what I want in the future.

Time will reveal all to everyone, me included. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜˜

And now, I must bid y'all a fond adieu. I've been awake almost 24 hours and it's not good. The dinner party is scheduled for pedicures this afternoon. If I lay down now, it's possible I'll get three hours of sleep.

Toodles! 

No comments: