Thursday, December 13, 2018

870.

Howdy folks!

I've missed y'all! How is life? I hope everyone is safe and happy. πŸ™πŸ½

There's so much to say and very little time as I am tired, tired, tired. 😩

Best of the current news: Baby Bliss is snoring within earshot. She's visiting for a while, to: help me with daddy, hang out with friends, take a break from her daily routine.

Confession: I was watching James Corden and had to change the channel. Sometimes his guests make me nervous. Here's why: some folks are such divas that I just know they're gonna hog his ear. If it's someone I'm fond of, I don't want to see her/him act like that. As well, I don't want to see them get trod upon.

So when I'm watching and I get that weird vibe, I have to turn. Janelle Monae and Giselle were on the couch tonight. I wanted to watch but I dared not.

In other news, Mercury retrograde wasn't so awful this time. There was some retrospection to be had, for sure. But in my personal realm, the number of ex-suitor-related activity was relatively quiet. I was surprised but thankful.

And the exes who showed up surprised me. I can't go into detail because I'm running out of time. The Sandman is at the door and I think he's picking a lock.

🌸🌸🌸

Daddy has had several visits with his doctors since my last post. Sadly, I can see that he's slowing down more and more. He sleeps a lot. Sometimes he's really talkative but that's getting to be less often. He seems to be deep in thought when he's awake.

The Athlete paid daddy and I a visit one Sunday. (They'd met previously, when I traveled north with the Athlete for his church event that occured Memorial Day weekend.)

I put on a pretty frock, did a little something to my hair, powdered my face a bit, and held court in the living room.

He was here a few hours, watching a football game with daddy and making goo goo eyes at me. I fed  him a bowl of the soup I'd made that week.

It was a nice visit.

We talk occasionally. Once a week. Or once a month. It varies.

🌸🌸🌸

My friend and I have shared many conversations since my last post. Nothing earth-shattering but there have been a few eye-opening words spoken between the two of us. I'm just glad the communication is flowing nicely in both directions.

We had snow earlier this week and my friend called to check on daddy and I. It felt good to know that he cared enough to call. 😊

I can't express how thankful I am that this relationship still exists despite the obstacles that he and I have encountered in the decades we've known each other.

🌸🌸🌸

There is much more but I need to get some sleep. Daddy has an appointment in about nine hours and I need us to be on schedule.

Please stay healthy and happy until we meet again folks.

Ciao! 

No comments: