Saturday, December 15, 2018

871.2

To continue yesterday's post:

I've always had at least one person I've considered a best friend. But lately, I've been my own best friend. πŸ’ƒπŸΎπŸ’ƒπŸ½

There have been groups of folks that I've socialized with on a regular basis. Co-workers, friends of friends, other parents in the home schooling community, people I've been in crafting groups with...

But I've never had what I consider a group of folks that I could call (or expect a call from) on a Friday or Saturday night regarding a causal evening of chilling at so-and-so's place or grabbing dinner.

There was a time when I had something almost like that, with a group of (mostly) women I worked with decades ago. We hung out a lot. Friday night happy hours after work were probably most common. We also vacationed together, went to parties together, celebrated milestones together, and commiserated over our losses.

Some of us had families, significant others and/or children. Some of us had other pursuits and responsibilities.

We had good times together in the years we all worked together. I'm still friendly with some of them and one of them has become family over the years.

Although in the past I've been very social (and I still enjoy a lively get-together), I am currently content with relaxing right here on my sofa with a good book.


Probably because of all the road I tore up in the past year, visiting daddy. Between going to see daddy and hanging with the Athlete, I believe I was gone more than I was home.

But I have a secret to (sort of) share: there is a vacation I'm looking forward to. Two actually. When they will be, I don't know. Stay tuned because there will be more on this topic. 

One day... πŸ˜œπŸ’• 

And now folks, although it's not quite 8 p.m., I'm bidding y'all a fond farewell.

Daddy was tired earlier and went to lay down in his room. I need to wake him for dinner and his evening meds and put him back to bed.

Soon after I shall be winding down as well.

Sweet dreams y'all. πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹

1 comment:

C.George said...

Sweet dreams to you as well, and I hope your holidays went well. I'm glad its over with! Happy 2019!