Tuesday, November 20, 2018

869.

Good morning and Happy Tuesday y'all. 🙋🏾‍♀️

I hope everyone is somewhere safe and feeling good.

The day dawned sunny and cool in our neighborhood.

I awoke with a start, hearing a strange beeping noise that I thought was the transmitter for daddy's defibrillator. 🙍🏽‍♀️

Never mind that I know  the transmitter is not a monitor. The beeping scared me. In the six years I've lived here, I've never heard that noise before and it seemed to be coming from daddy's room.

I jumped up and ran in. He was already up. When I asked him about the noise, he said he didn't hear it.

Okay... 🤷🏽‍♀️

On a brighter note, I slept until that noise startled me (a little after 8).

I'm usually up and at 'em by 7:30 latest. Gotta tidy up the living room and get daddy's breakfast going. I like to be done with his morning routine (glucose check, breakfast, nebulizer, and morning meds) by 9.

No later than 9:30.

It just makes the day flow easier.

Our schedule is much easier now that he no longer has any meds he takes three times a day. That's something to be thankful for. 😌

Before daylight savings time, we were in bed by 10 p.m. Now that it's getting dark earlier, daddy is ready for bed earlier. It was 9 p.m. last week and now he's ready for bed by 8 p.m.

Good for me because I can start my wind down earlier.

What I've learned in the past several months is that the earlier I get in bed, the earlier I'll fall asleep. Even when I tell myself I'm not sleepy. 😂

Today we're heading out for several hours. I have an appointment at noon. We'll have lunch after then head to one of the supermarkets to pick up a cake or two (and maybe some pies) for Thursday. (The day we celebrate Thanksgiving Day here in the United States.)

On the way home we'll get daddy's prescriptions, I'll check the mailboxes then we're back home until Thursday. 😌

Et maintenant, it's time for me to get dressed so we can get outta here.

Have a great day y'all; be blessed, be a blessing! 💕

p.s. Come back later for some Mercury-in-retrograde musings. (Did y'all think I forgot? 😁😁)

No comments: