Monday, September 25, 2017

811.

Happy Sunday folks.

The past two weeks (give or take a few days) have been long chez Bliss. For one, I'm still in recovery mode after being away from home for two weeks. Another reason is the hormones. I've been weepy, overjoyed, hot and sweaty, exhausted, ecstatic, forgetful... You name it.

Such is life these days.  🤷🏾‍♀️

So, I was skimming over several of my previous posts and it looks like I failed to mention the "disappearance" of the Astronaut.

Here's what happened: after we talked and texted for a week or so, I realized we were so very different and not in complimentary ways. I tried to explain it to him but he seemed to think it didn't matter. I knew from experience that it did. 😐

And then came the beach and Mr. Quince... 💕💕💕

Then came my dad's situation and Mr. Quince was there for me. Supportive emotionally and literally there at the hospital with me. 💕

I chose the man my heart told me to choose. Maybe the playing field was a bit uneven, with Mr. Quince having the home field advantage. But it wasn't anything within my control. It's just the way things turned out.

Sometimes a glimpse of things past is all we need...

End of story.  🔕

As for Mr. Quince and I, we're managing well in our time apart. A megaton of daily phone calls and texts about everything and anything.

I'm still adjusting to calling him "baby", "sweetie", "darling"... Which I'm absolutely digging but it's strange after years of calling him the name his momma gave him.

We're currently making plans for him to visit in a couple of weeks. It's not definite for a few reasons and it's likely we won't know until a few days before he's due to arrive. I'm optimistic that the odds will be in our favor.

We've both been feeling stressed lately; I want our time together to be as low-key as possible.

There will be no planned agenda but i would like to take him to my favorite park, show him my beautiful neighborhood, introduce him to a few treasured neighbors. (Baby Bliss too of course. She met him once but it was many years ago, when he and I were just friends and former schoolmates. I know she doesn't remember him because he was one of dozens of people she met that day.)


No comments: