Wednesday, June 5, 2019

880.

Hello and Happy Wednesday y'all!

I hope everyone is safe and sound as you're reading.

This will be short because I'm tired.

My mom is/was in town for a mini-visit. She drove down to see about grandma (her momma) so she stayed at grandma's house, down in the big city.

I was down in the big city Monday and Tuesday, to help clear out old papers at grandma's while my mom and grandma were on the hunt for all pertinent documents and some jewelry my grandma wanted my mom to have.

Later, one of my aunts came by with her son. Those two are at grandma's every day any way (they only live a few minutes around a few corners as do a bunch of other cousins) and now days, someone is always sleeping over at grandma's.

Baby Bliss was working both days so she missed her granny on this trip.

๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

Last weekend was busy. I relented on my "no" stance with the Athlete and hung out with him Saturday and part of Sunday. He wanted me to hang out Sunday night too but we couldn't coordinate schedules.

Which was for the best.

It was good to see him but I can only spend a limited amount of time with him. For the most part he's a sweet guy but we have vastly different styles of communicating. Too many hours spent trying to chase his thoughts around Robin Hood's barn and I'm just worn out.

I usually say what's on my mind, no chaser. Sometimes it rubs him the wrong way when I don't sugar coat things for him.

Maybe it's the northerner in me. Y'all know what they say: you can take the girl outta the city...

The Athlete lives near the church we three Bliss used to attend, many many moons ago. When I left his place Sunday, I dropped by the church to see my peeps.

Service had ended when I arrived but I stayed close to an hour talking, eating, and helping clean up.  Several people we knew were there, surprising me to tears. I was also surprised that some folks remembered me. (And I'm not sure why I was surprised because it's a small congregation.)

๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

On a more personal note, my Memorial Day weekend back home was everything

It was phenomenal.

The time spent with my friend was literally life-altering.

I also had a super duper fantastic time with my dad's family at the quinceaรฑera.

But as I stated in the beginning of this post, I'm beat.

More details to come...

Ciao folks! ๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹

No comments: