Saturday, February 16, 2019

875.

Hello everyone and Happy Saturday to you all.

It's a damp day here. It rained, rained, rained. Stopped. Still wet out.

Such a dreary day, to match my mood.

I was fine when I woke up, at 5:30 a.m. and again at 7 something.

But the atmosphere changed at some point.

I was scrolling through my Facebook feed and saw a prayer request for a woman I've known since maybe second grade. The last time I saw her was at the shower my mom gave for me and Baby Bliss, over 20 years ago.

At one time, that woman was one of my best friends. But life changes things. People say and do things that end friendships and the world keeps turning.

Still, seeing a prayer request for her made me a bit sad. I thought of all the things we did together back in the day. All the parties we went to together, the sleepovers, the classes we attended together (at three different schools), the boys we giggled about...

And then I got a text from Baby Bliss' godfather. We've known each other almost 25 years. We talk and text often, do lunch and/or dinner when I'm home.

He's had a few health challenges lately that are concerning.

This morning he texted to say he'll call me later to update me on his situation. Now I'm crying because I feel like it's gonna be bad news and I'm scared.

He's one of the folks I count among the people I love and consider family.

He is such a calm and level-headed man. Joyful in his own laid back way. I always enjoy the time we spend together.

I need to burn some sage, to get these negative thoughts out of my head so I can pray for peace for us all, no matter what he has to say.

Amen.

No comments: