Tuesday, May 9, 2017

760.

Baby Bliss and I had a pleasant excursion to the Big City. We hit the mall, not to browse or shop extensively, only to go to Dillard's so that I might try the two makeup brands I was interested in.

Well wouldn't ya know it, I purchased neither brand. The lady working the counter(s) turned me on to a totally different line of cosmetics. It's a brand that's been around for decades but I'd never tried it.

She was able to match a foundation to my skin almost perfectly. After my mini makeover, I was sold on the shade.

The lipstick, I had to say no to. Although the saleslady liked it, it was an orange-ish shade of red that does not agree with my undertones. Thankfully I already own a tube of lipstick that's the perfect shade of red for me. It's inexpensive too. (Just saying. For when I run out.)

After my transformation, Baby Bliss and I ate lunch in the food court then returned to the other side of the mall in search of my car.

(Having had a lot of trouble in the past with makeup looking good in the store and horrible elsewhere, I was happy when I hit the sunshine and my face looked as good as it had inside the building.)

Automobile located, our next stop was Target for a few makeup staples that were expensive in Dillards and reasonable in Target. They work just as well at Target's price point as they do at Dillard's markups so I'll keep my extra cash, thanks.

Finally we headed home, making a pit stop at the post office and Dollar Tree along the way.

🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸

Okay folks, I'm sure some of y'all think I'm exaggerating about this Mercury retrograde and the ex-men, but I swear it's all true.

If you didn't read the previous post (759), please do so now.

I'm kidding. You don't really have to read it but if you do you'll see that including the call I'm about to detail, I received six (6!) calls from exes on Monday.

My phone rang as soon as Baby Bliss and I pulled into a parking space at the mall. The caller id said "NoName" but the call rang through any way.

What?  ðŸ˜®

Why?!  ðŸ˜§

Anyone with that moniker should have been on the "reject call" list.

I asked Baby Bliss to take the call in Swedish. She obliged. Who ever he was, here's to hoping he doesn't call again. If he does, he's going straight to voicemail because he is now a member of the "reject call" collective.

Speaking of rejected calls, I've been ignoring the Sandman's persistent ring for long enough.

Good night folks.

No comments: