Tuesday, August 30, 2016


Happy Tuesday folks.

A sista is tired. Too many nights of staying awake until the wee hours. Last night it caught up with me. I nodded off before 11:30 p.m.

Baby Bliss woke me when she came in from the gym, after 1 a.m.

I was sitting on the floor in front of the sofa, sound asleep.

She looked at me and said she knew why I hadn't returned her texts earlier.


I thought I would make it to my bed but it didn't happen. I passed out (again) right where I sat and slept until 5 a.m., when I managed to drag myself up to the sofa.

I've been laying here for two hours, thinking I'd go back to sleep. Nope. I've been watching the news, checking e-mail, sorting electronic files, and looking for photos of my Sunday dinner date. (We exchange photos periodically via text messages.)

Let's call him Chuck. (He resembles Chuck Norris but his face is indescribably more handsome.)

Our date got off to a late start, almost an hour late because of some weird GPS glitches (his and mine), maybe a satellite or the area we were in. *shrug*

We were both late but I arrived before he did. Funny because as my regular readers know, usually I'm the late one and my date is waiting for me.

I waited nervously in the foyer of the restaurant, texting with two of my sista-friends and my daughter, telling them he was late and I was waiting. Of course the ladies had snarky (humorous) comments. I had a fleeting thought that I might be stood up but didn't truly believe it would happen.

Chuck and I have been conversing for over a year and I didn't believe he would have taken the time to invite me out, say he was right there in the area, then not show up. Not that I know this man but from our (limited) interaction, it didn't fit his personality.

He walked in almost running. When he looked at me, I caught my breath. Although it seemed that his energy should have felt frantic, it didn't. His face was perfectly serene and he was beautiful.

Yes, his face was handsome to my eyes. He was a few inches taller than me and had a solid build. He wore faded jeans, boots, a gray Old Navy tee shirt. A little bit of a belly (which has never been a deterrent to me), muscular arms...  I found myself wondering what his thighs looked like.

Naughty me.

I stood up and we hugged hello. It was a really good hug. Any apprehension I'd felt instantly evaporated.


Chuck apologized for being late, we were seated, and the date officially began.

It was a wonderful two hours. So much good conversation, laughter, a few heart-stopping moments as he shared a few hair-raising tales...

It took every ounce of self-restraint to not grab his hands or initiate a game of footsie. But again, even though we've been conversing for over a year, it's not been anything seriously romantic. A few flirty texts here and there. Never anything that would ever be considered remotely inappropriate.

His spirit felt good and he's a southern gentleman.

Lord knows, if we lived closer, he would be mine. (Yes, I said it.)

In addition to his other fantastic traits, he's a mechanical engineer. Built his house and can fix just about anything that can break. He seems patient and kind. From many of our conversations, I believe he is a romantic and steady lover. (The noun, not the verb.)

Just overall very attractive to me.

We left the restaurant at 8. We hugged goodbye but talked in the parking lot for another 30 minutes. Chuck said he didn't want the evening to end and asked when I was coming to visit him. Caught off guard, I and hemmed and hawed on the answer. He laughed and said he would visit again.

Then 8:30 rolled around and I really had to go. He told me he had a bluetooth in his helmet, said I could call him during his drive if I wanted, we hugged goodbye again then parted.

About an hour later, I got a lovely text from him. He said he enjoyed my company, I was beautiful, he was glad we finally got to meet, and he wished we'd had more time. I called him and we talked briefly.


I don't know if we'll ever see each again but I sure hope we do.


No comments: