Wednesday, August 22, 2018

855.

Good day and happy happy Wednesday folks!

My apologies for not getting swiftly to my Mercury retrograde escapades but my acknowledgement of the death of our Queen Aretha took precedence.

She reminded me so much of my godmother...

My prayers for her family and friends, as they begin their journey of life without her. 😔

🌸 🌸 🌸

Et maintenant, let's get to it!

Mercury has gone direct, thank you gods!

The most recent Mercury retrograde (roughly July 25 - August 15, depending on who you ask) was a whirlwind of hot ass messiness for me.

Yes, yes, yes, I heard from the "exes": the Astronaut (a call and a few texts), the Man-in-Waiting (a call), a guy who has no nickname (texts), and the guy I had the date with on Sunday, August 12 (a few calls and several texts).

All calls went directly to voicemail. Y'all know why.

The messy part concerned the two "exes" with no nicknames. One I had a date with and one I never did meet but we'd e-mailed, texted, and talked for a week or so.

They both tried to gaslight me, unaware that I have zero tolerance for b.s. of that nature.

One of them (the one I did not meet and had told buh-bye a month prior) tried to out-reason, out-talk, out-rationalize me. Via text.

*blank stare*

He was blissfully unaware of a Gemini's dexterity with the written word.

I enlightened him and he took it badly. I offered to introduce him to a family member who is a member of law enforcement.

Seriously.

How (and why) the hell does a self-proclaimed business owner, who is all over social media claiming to be living his best life, get his panties in a bunch because I caught him lying and subsequently denied him further access to my time?

God knows I don't bother folk because I'm trying to live my best life.

Guys like him are why I have had to ghost folk and get a gun permit. My time and safety are of the utmost importance.

The second guy with no nickname was slow enough 🐢 with his lies to make it to a first date. See details here: Post 853.

To continue, he called and texted after a couple of days of going missing. I was polite in my two-word responses to his texts and told him I'd call him when I got home. 🏡 🏘

A bit petty and passive-aggressive, yes. But I got feeling a bit snippish every time I saw a text from him.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't sitting around waiting for my call those three days. 😐🙉

🌸 🌸 🌸

I also heard from a family member I no longer engage with.

😶

On to more pleasant topics. 😃

🌸 🌸 🌸

I had two dates last weekend, one on Saturday afternoon and one Sunday evening.

The men were nothing alike.

They both seemed like cool guys "on paper" (the online dating site).

One was 11 years younger than me. The other is seven years older.

Saturday's lunch (with the older guy) lasted three hours. Prior to meeting, we exchanged e-mail on the dating site, had two or three phone conversations, then decided to meet.

We live an hour apart so we agreed to meet roughly half way, at a little Mexican spot. We were both a few minutes late but he arrived first. He brought me gifts. 💕 Very thoughtful and totally unexpected.

He's maybe an inch taller than me, blond, pale skin. Self-employed in a very interesting career and an artist as well.

The food was yummy, our conversation was superb. Overall, a dynamite vibe. We've e-mailed, talked, and texted since then. The plan is to see each other this weekend. Twice. (More on that later.)

🍗 🍗 🍗

Sunday's dinner (with the younger guy) was interesting.

We were both late and actually arrived simultaneously. He parked right next to me. Didn't even open my car door. (Strike one.) He did open the restaurant door and held out my chair at the table. (Half a gold star.)

He was a few inches taller than me, dark hair, brown skin. Employed with the same corporation for over a decade and transferred to this area close to a year ago.

Casual sports bar environment. Food was good. Conversation was cool. It was also bi-lingual. (More so him than me. I'm always "practicing" my French. Shouldn't have stopped with high school.)

Things seemed to be going well but about halfway through, I began to feel like he'd lied about something(s) that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

No big deal. I made a mental note to figure it out later.

An hour and a half later, we said our good byes with a hug and a cheek peck at my car.

I got home and logged into the dating site, to refer back to his profile and our old messages for something to refresh my memory.

And there it was: His profile said he was childless. During dinner I brought up children and he said he had two, a teenager and a preteen.

We had also messaged about the area of town he lived in because of a suggestion he made for an outing. It came up during dinner that he lives in a totally different county and not at all near where he said he lived.

Dude. 😒

He wanted to meet for a movie the next day. I bowed out gracefully.

Honestly, I have no problem with the occasional smudging of a few details here and there with strangers regarding things we think are private.

But telling me you don't have children and outright lying about the whole county you live in? Naw.

I don't date men with minor children. Specifically because I'm done raising mine. Also, I believe men should spend as much time with (and money on) their minor children as possible and necessary.

I don't want to take away from that money or that time. Nor do I want the children's time and/or money to be a reason for why we can't do xyz in our relationship or used to lie about where he was last weekend.

Been there, done that so I'll have to pass the baton to a sista who's willing.

We'll see what the future holds for the other dudes.

Ciao folks!

No comments: