Tuesday, August 14, 2018

853.

Happy happy Tuesday y'all!

I hope everyone is somewhere safe and that everyone has enough.

There's a cricket somewhere near. It's loud. But I can't tell if it's inside or out. I'm hoping it's out because bugs inside are a no-no.

My living room windows are open and I'm sitting on the floor in front of the sofa, enjoying the breeze. I can also hear the sound of hundreds of gallons of water being wasted because my neighbor forgot to turn the spigot off after she used her hose. 😩

I texted her but it's late and dark. Maybe she'll turn it off tomorrow.

🌸 🌸 🌸

Sunday's date was fun, despite a few red flags. We met at a place I've had many dates, one of my favorite restaurants down in the big city.

We shared calamari appetizers, had a few drinks (my favorite non-alcoholic beverage for me). After we finished our respective main courses, we headed out for a walk.

Back story: We'd met online a week or so earlier and talked by phone for a few days before agreeing to meet.

I already knew it wouldn't be a love match. But he really wanted to meet me so I agreed. I was already heading to the Big City for another event so we agreed to meet at the location I was already headed to.

Unless one is psychic, which is always the exception to any and all rules, one can't possibly know if a romantic relationship will be successful long-term just by talking to the other person on the phone. ☎

This guy was just too gung ho about our future together, before we met. πŸ˜•

It felt like it was the future he'd been planning for himself for a long time; he just needed a woman -- maybe any woman -- to plug into the empty space.

A turn-off. (I was glad he was planning a future but I happen to prefer discussing life goals then making plans as a couple, if we get to that stage. πŸ‘«)

But back to the date...

The food was good and there was lots of laughter and good conversation, three things I love on a date. But he also tried to get me to commit to agreeing to do something I'd previously told him I don't do. (Nothing illegal or immoral, just something I have zero interest in doing.)

Another turn off. No means no, regardless of the topic or reason.

It was a four-hour date and while I enjoyed hanging out with him, there won't be a second date.

He did ask to see me again before we parted and I said yes. However he seemed to have lost some of his original enthusiasm at some point on Monday.

We talked a few times while he was at work. We also talked a couple of times after he got off work, as he was (allegedly) heading to eat dinner before going home. The last two calls were short. Before we ended the last call, he said he he'd call when he got home.

I guess he never made it home but I did receive two cryptic texts from him. I responded generically to the first and the second shall remain unanswered.

As I wasn't counting on a white picket fence with dude, I'm good with letting things drift into the ether.

Here's to good dates. πŸ₯‚

May they always end with a smile. πŸ˜€

Be sure to read post 854 to hear my current Mercury retrograde tidbits and more. 🎺🎻😁

Correction: Should be post 855.

No comments: