Friday, January 12, 2018

826.

Happy Friday everyone!

I hope you are all safe, sound, and happy as the weekend slides your way.

Despite the gloom of today's weather, I've been in a good mood.

I talked to daddy several times today; he sounded tired but he was in good spirits. I also made the pasta salad for the party. It's chilling in the fridge until departure time when it will make the hour-long drive with me to Party Central.

I'm also taking drinks and napkins. There can never be too many napkins at a party.

It will be great if someone brings fried chicken or a really good dessert. Cheesecake, fruit tarts... If someone brings Napoleons, I'll be in heaven. (And probably Weight Watchers by Monday afternoon because I'll eat them all.)

Aha! I remember what I came to tell y'all: I started a gratitude jar.

Every night before bed, I write down a few things I'm thankful for on a half sheet of paper. Then I fold the paper and put it in the jar.  💕 ✍🏾 📃

It's just a mason jar but it's light blue. I found it at Goodwill I think. It's been here for a while so the memory is vague.

I believe it's one of the tools helping me stay focused on what's important.

Another is my background music.

There is a YouTube channel called Meditative Mind. The videos are healing music, set to different frequencies depending on what needs healing (mind, body, spirit, etc.)

Of course it's a debated topic, whether or not sound healing of this kind works. I say if it works for you then work it.

It is working for me and I'm thankful.

The music plays low so that it's a constant undercurrent as I go about my daily to-do list.

Right now I'm listening to this one: Om Mani Padme Hum.

It's soothing.

On that note, I'll bid you all a fond good night.

Sweet dreams... 💋

No comments: