Wednesday, December 27, 2017

821.

Hello folks. I see it's been over a month since I've checked in with you fine people.

First, I'd like to wish all who celebrate anything this time of year, Happy Merry Joyful celebration to you! 🎉🎉🎉

Now let's get to the business of telling all.

Well, some.

So here's the latest:


- I'm here visiting daddy. He was in hospital for a week, about two weeks ago. I came running like the faithful loving daughter I am. My visit ruffled a lot of feathers. I learned (more) ugly things about my father's wife and her family. I also learned some ugly things about my father's "aide", a man who has been my father's "friend" for a number of years.

I won't go into details here because it's serious and I had to notify a few government agencies as well as law enforcement.

Daddy has been at the local rehabilitation facility for a few weeks and has transitioned into long-term care there. Sadly (but not surprisingly), the usual suspects are attempting to lure him home with whispered lies.

My prayer is that daddy continues to understand how it's in his best interest to remain at the facility, where he can get his meals and medications in a consistent manner.

Amen.

🌸 🌸 🌸

In the romance arena, Mr. Quince and I managed to work out our differences by parting ways. We are just too different in ways that are very important to me.

I won't go into too much detail about this either but I will say this: social grace matters to me.

Some of the folks I grew up with think that means a person has to be fake or phony around people they don't like. I disagree. I believe that one aspect of social grace entails knowing how to comport oneself in social settings, a skill that can open doors that can facilitate opportunities for positive change in a person's life.

My life attests to that.

I don't know if we're born with the skill and we hone it (or not) as we mature but I'm inclined to think it's more nurture than nature.

Fortunately, I am blessed with a mother who worked and socialized with a wide variety of people from the time I was very young.

My privilege has been to observe and often mingle with those folks on many occasions. Somehow it all helped me with what I feel are appropriate interactions with others.

That's not to say I don't occasionally make a mis-step but I don't believe that's a regular occurrence. Lucky me.

On a more serious note, I remain thankful for all I've learned over the years no matter the source.

That's just one tiny inkling of why Mr. Quince and I couldn't go the distance. Some of the other issues are very serious and are absolute deal-breakers.

🌸 🌸 🌸

And that's all for now folks. 

It's time to head out for what will be my last visit with daddy in 2017. (I've been in town for a week.) After he finishes lunch, I'm heading back to warmer climes.

As always, I've saved some for later so stay tuned.

Be safe, be blessed, be a blessing!

Amen.

No comments: