Sunday, August 13, 2017

797.

Happy Sunday folks and blessed be!

I hope everyone is somewhere safe and happy, physically and mentally.

It's been a very relaxing day chez Bliss.

I've been eating and drinking with abandon: a half cup of strawberries, two fried eggs and a cup of cinnamon applesauce -- organic cinnamon...

Lots of talking and texting with one of my sistas as well as a few would-be paramours.

I also got a call from the ex-husband and I'm happy to say he's still with us. (Side note: I still plan to call him later this week. Something was definitely off about that call last night.)

Surprisingly, I've gotten several (four - 4) offers for same-day dates today. I say "surprisingly" because if I recall correctly, Sunday is usually pretty slow on the dating site.

To them I say: thank you for your interest however we won't be meeting if we have nothing in common.

But I've been noticing a trend lately. It seems that men in the 50-and-over demographic -- in addition to being (mostly) immature -- are all singing the same Al Green song:






My momma was a huge Al Green fan and I love this song. (Check out his hair too y'all.)  And sometimes I don't like being alone either. But desperation has a bad smell to it. So does wanting to be in a relationship to ensure being "taken care of" by someone in old age or illness.

Now if all parties enter the relationship with an understanding of the exact terms and all agree, then by all means, rock on.

If I've said it once here, I've said it often and will again: my next long-term partner will be everything I need and at least 98 percent of what I want.

I do believe in love! I do believe in love. I do, I do, I do, I do, I do believe in love! 💕💕💕

And I want everyone else to believe in love too. But I get it that some may not. 😞

My prayer for me: that I am always content enough to enjoy my own company and loved enough to have someone willing to help me when I need it.

Amen. 😌

No comments: