Thursday, May 25, 2017


Good morning folks and Happy Thursday.

I was up and at 'em early today but not by choice. The paramour had an early call time. Did I mention that he has a job and a business?

He's a hard-working man. It's a good character trait but too much of a good thing can be deadly, as I believe was the case with Mr. Bliss's illness and death. The last month he worked, he worked the entire month and many of those days exceeded 12 hours.

That on top of all the previous days, weeks, and months that he'd worked excessive hours in any given 24-hour period. Add in poor eating habits and there's the cocktail for illness and finally death.

The paramour and I discussed the aforementioned and he said he's slowed down a bit since he and I began dating and I'm thankful. Not just because it gives us more time together. It's also about his health, regardless of who he's dating.

Lately I've been researching more on sleep patterns as they relate to health and healing. Some of the information is scary enough to make me get more sleep.

My new goal is to be in bed before midnight at least four out of seven nights per week. To help with this plan, I set a phone alert for 10:45 p.m. telling me to get ready for bed.

🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻

So, the paramour and I had an interesting night. He bought a new cell phone and switched carriers and it took us a while to activate the phone and set up his new account.

Once that was done, it was time for snoring. 

We were both tired. Me from my long weekend: 12+ hours of long-distance driving, working to help prep my sister's house for the party, the party itself, and the visit with my dad. My sweetie spent most of the weekend rehabbing his latest property.

🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻

Looking back at my last five or six posts, I see that I neglected to mention my sleepover at the paramour's house last week.

He lives about an hour south of me, in the woods. It's a neighborhood but it's outside of the city and it backs right to what I call the forest.

His house is beautifully decorated. Very neat too which left me wondering how we'll manage to co-habitate on a daily basis if we do marry.

This city girl enjoyed the peace and quiet but the centipede that met me in the shower was not to my liking. 🐛😱

I'm scheduled to return for the coming holiday weekend. Although it's possible he'll work part of Saturday, we're going to a family celebration at his sister's that day. Hopefully we'll relax on Sunday because he said we might have folks over on Monday for a cookout.

Sounds like I have another busy weekend in store, yes?

However, I will not be taking any Geritol. Although I did get some last year (courtesy of an ex), I realized there are ingredients in those things that give me serious pause.

But I haven't given up hope on finding a good multi-vitamin. In my research I came across Ritual and based on good reviews, I'm gonna try this brand.

🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻

In other news, it seems my hair has been growing faster than usual in the past several months. I am locking my hair (for the third time in 20 years) and in the past 90 or so days, I've tightened it at least twice each month.

I don't know the reason for this accelerated growth. Perhaps it's something I've been eating...

I'm thinking about henna-ing my hair again soon. It's a long and tedious process but I had mostly positive results with it in the past. We'll see.

Time for lunch folks. No breakfast and I'm starving. 

Maybe I'll be able to get a nap in soon.

No comments: