Wednesday, December 21, 2016

718.

In other news, Mercury is in retrograde again y'all.

(See here: HOW THIS MERCURY RETROGRADE IN CAPRICORN WILL AFFECT US ENERGETICALLY)

For me that usually means exes will ooze out of the woodwork.

Whyyyyyyyyyy?  ðŸ™€

In the past several days, I have gotten a couple of texts and phone call from guys I've dated in the past.

Guy number one and I didn't actually date but we met on one of the online dating sites last year. We talked and texted for a few weeks but never made it to the first date.

When he texted me last week, I didn't know who he was because his contact was no longer in my phone. He addressed me by my name so I figured who ever it was knew me somehow.

I waited a few hours before texting back to ask who it was.

To make a long story short, we texted then talked. He asked me out for coffee which turned into lunch.

Lunch was good (one of my favorite local Thai joints), he was funny, we had some things in common (I'm 83 percent African-American, four percent Irish; he's 98 percent Irish, two percent African-American...)

But I felt some of his behavior was inappropriate and he seemed close to being manic. He talked loudly about personal subjects, made comments that seemed to offend a few folks around us, asked someone about their political views.

I'm a live-and-let-live kinda lady but his behavior was a turn-off. He was also between jobs and his aura reeked of desperation and despair. I offered to pay for lunch (because it was my idea to extend the coffee hour to a meal and I never want anyone to go hungry if I'm able to feed them) but he said no.

When the bill came, he tried to pay with his credit card. Declined. So he paid with his debit card.

*sigh*

He texted me lots more that day and the next but I had to cut it off.

There will be no more dates and I don't want to hear from him again.

It might sound mean but I can't involve myself in whatever drama he has brewing. If he's truly in need of some help, I hope he gets it.

He has my prayers.

Guy number two is a guy I dated quite a few times earlier this year. I stopped talking to him when he mentioned one day that he might vote for Trump because he didn't like Hillary.

Maybe he was joking but I didn't find it funny.

He began texting me the same night as guy number one. It was weird because he didn't seem to want anything specific. He asked me what I was doing, asked me to remind him of how we met, brought up the election, and that was it.

Perhaps it was because my answers were less than enthusiastic. I don't know; I don't really care. He (along with guy number one) is now on my "do not respond" list.

That means their calls will go straight to my voicemail and any subsequent texts from them will be deleted with no response.

Guy number three is a guy I had one date with at least two years ago. We also met online.

What the hell he wants, I can't imagine.

He took me to lunch at P.F. Chang's. The decor was lovely. The food was good, nothing spectacular. His dime, my time...

The date was spent talking, eating, laughing. He told me about the non-profit he ran. He made himself sound like one of the most altruistic people on the planet.

Cool.

A few days after the date, I got a nastily-worded text from him that he likely meant to send to someone else but there it was.

I waited a few hours then responded by saying he had obviously sent the text to the wrong person. I also let him know I didn't want to hear from him again.

He never responded.

Cool.

Fast forward a year or so and I could see that he'd visited my dating profile. (Using the new profile he'd created.) I was flabbergasted when I got an e-mail from him.

I went to his profile, to make sure it was who I thought it was. Yep, it was him. And incredibly, his profile mentioned his recent divorce.

Huh?

I didn't recall us discussing his wife over lunch the year before. Not that his divorce made a difference one way or the other because after that funky ass text I received, he and I had nothing to talk about. But learning that he'd (possibly) been married when we went out and I didn't know...

It was just one more nail in his shoe as far as I was concerned.

So I did something mean. I responded to his e-mail by telling him he was a crazy lying bastard and if he e-mailed me again I would report him to the site for harassment.

He didn't e-mail again but now he's popped up. Again.

He didn't text me. He actually called me several times. I didn't answer because I didn't recognize the number but it looked familiar (I have a friend who has a similar number) so I Googled it.

It came back as being registered to guy number three's business.

Needless to say, he is now on my "reject call list".

If I'm contacted by one mo' dude I don't want to hear from during this retrograde, Mercury and I are gonna have a talk. 👺

And now I bid y'all a fond ta-ta for now.

Time for me to hit the streets with Baby Bliss.

Have a good one folks!  ðŸ˜Š

No comments: