Friday, May 13, 2016


Another weekend is imminent and not a word from me about last weekend.

Where are my manners?

Probably in whatever crevice my sleep has disappeared into.

They say there's no rest for the weary and I'm inclined to agree.

As most know, last weekend was Mother's Day weekend. It was also my daughter's birthday weekend.

Needless to say it was a busy one.

Silly ole me can't recall every detail now as too much else has taken place since then.

What I recall:

- Friday morning while I languished in bed during a phone call with my suitor, I was startled by a knock at my front door. I opened the door to see a man bearing a beautiful bouquet of red roses and other lovely blooms.

Happy Mother's Day from my paramour.

- Sadly, on Saturday, I had to attend the funeral of a "little sister". She was a young lady who I became good friends with while dating her cousin over 25 years ago. It was a six-hour drive, to her service and back home.

Another Baptist church...

Her parents and I are fairly close. Her mom was devastated. Her dad was... seemingly unperturbed. I know it's because it hadn't sunk in yet.

- My sweetie and I met up for dinner and a movie soon after my return home, which just so happened to coincide with his return home. Sweet.

- After a morning and early afternoon of making and receiving Mother's Day and birthday calls and texts, Baby Bliss and I got all tarted up to attend Mother's Day dinner with my family. Somehow there was a snafu and we missed dinner.

(Mercury, I'm blaming this on you and your ill-timed late spring retrograde.)

The daughter and I decided to drive down to the Big City to have our own celebratory dinner. After dinner, we visited relatives who lived near the restaurant while we waited for my grandma to return home from dinner.

Baby Bliss and I finally had a few hours with grandma then saddled up for home.

We made a detour at our local fro yo shop for dessert. The price was right but the toppings I chose this time were off. Never again will I add cheese cake bites (or any other cake) to fro yo. The mouth feel is just awful.  😵

- Tuesday morning (yes, I know it's not technically a weekend day), Miz A called to invite Baby Bliss and I to her side of town for a birthday lunch at O'Charley's.

We arrived only to be summoned to the mall across the street, where Baby Bliss was told to pick anything she wanted for a birthday gift.

Baby Bliss said she would accept lunch as her gift, as already agreed upon. Miz A laughed, gave BB a monetary gift, then said to meet her across the street at the restaurant.

Those two get along like peas and carrots. It was a lively, leisurely lunch.

We all went to Miz A's after, to watch telly and veg out on the sofa for a few hours.

On our way home, BB and I detoured to a favorite thrift store. BB found a few skirts and I found a nice dress that I'm sure will get a lot of wear this summer.

- Finally, we get to last night.

(What? You say Thursday is not technically a weekend night? Well I say it depends on who you ask. And it's what's next so let's get to it, shall we?)

My sugar dumpling was home for a layover of several hours and he spent it with me.

He wanted Chinese for dinner but he had a late arrival time and most places in my village would be closed when he got here. Also, I knew he would be tired. I suggested I get takeout so he could relax when he arrived.

Baby Bliss and I made a mad dash to our local Chinese restaurant. Not that we really needed to rush. It was 30 minutes until closing and we live mere blocks away.

K, the lady who works the counter and waits tables, is a sweetheart. BB and I eat there a few times a month and she always remembers us.

The suitor said to order what we wanted and he'd reimburse me. I requested my usual shrimp egg fu yung; Teriyaki chicken for the daughter; shrimp lo mein and BBQ ribs for the gentleman.

When the gentleman arrived chez Bliss, BB retreated to her bedroom with her food, leaving my suitor and I to dinner and a (half of) a movie in the living room.

After dinner he showered and took a nap so he could rest a bit before getting back on the road. It was a short and sweet visit.

I'll see him again this afternoon when he returns home from today's excursion.

* * *

And now that I've shared the most pertinent details of my life for the past several days, it's time for me to get some shut eye y'all.

I hope I sleep until noon. Not likely but a girl can dream...

Here's to a cuddle with the Sandman.

No comments: