Tuesday, April 5, 2016

644.


I am so thankful for this life with its twists and turns, its peaks and valleys.

Even the less-than-happy moments that I don't like have their rightful place in the landscape.

For every sad moment that I've endured, there have been many more moments of bliss.

The past two weeks have been interesting.

The four-year anniversary of Mr. Bliss's transition was March 31. I cried a lot in the days leading up to it, the day of, the days after.

In addition, there was that conversation with my dad...

I'm crying now, thinking about it all.

Crying is what I do.

I'm sentimental, emotional, empathic, hormonal.

I'm also a practical realist.

So I shed my tears then get on with it as soon as possible.

The past two weeks have been a time of reflections, revelation, and possibility.

I can only be thankful for the experiences, regardless of the outcome.

As I'm still learning, the journey is what makes life worth living.

The destination happens eventually but not just once. It happens again and again because life is full of journeys.

No need to get all hung up on the destination when it's one of many.

I'm doing my best to breathe with as much joy as I can manage.

I want to die with good memories in my heart and leave some for those who stay behind.

Amen.

.

No comments: