Thursday, January 28, 2016

622.


Perhaps the Universe thought I was bored, with Mercury turning direct and all.

There is major family drama brewing, courtesy of my father's wife.

Well Jesus take the wheel honey because she has dragged me into the fray and I am not a willing participant.

I love my daddy and regardless of who's right or wrong, he is my primary concern.

While I extend my time and my ear to her, I don't consider our relationship a close one. She has sent entirely too much negative energy and drama my way in the 20 years she and my dad have been together.

I tolerate her because of their relationship.

I respect my father's right to live however he sees fit, with whomever he sees fit as well as his ability to make decisions for his own life.

However, the situations that have required my attention lately are causing me to question whether or not they need professional intervention in the form of a visit from social services.

Neither of them is in good health and his wife has allowed a family member to move in, one who makes my father uncomfortable leaving his wallet laying around.

Over a period of years, this has caused much friction between my dad and his wife, often resulting in her calling me to complain about situations as well as my dad's reactions to them.

She woke me up with one of those calls this morning. But I don't think the call went according to whatever plan she may have had, resulting in a few choice words exchanged between the two of us.

Wrong move lady.

In the past, I was willing to be a mediator.

Today was my last day on the job.

I cannot sacrifice my own mental health worrying about something outside my control.

If my father decides he wants to live peacefully in what could be his last year (or even months) of life, I'm happy to help him relocate to my place (or somewhere else) for whatever time he has left.

If he decides to stay where he is, I'm prepared to send the authorities to check on him as I deem necessary.

I ask that all who read this join me in sending positive thoughts, affirmative prayer, and positive energy to the resolution of this situation.

Thank you in advance.

Amen.

No comments: