Wednesday, June 11, 2008

366: thank You for this day!

hey y'all.

it is such a beautiful day today and i'm thankful. the sun is shining and it's supposed to get up to 93 today. but right now there is a cool wind whistling through the branches and it's singing my kind of tune.

i turned the thermostat up to it's highest setting and opened the patio door. the ceiling fan is on and the most delicious breeze is tickling my toes.

this is perfect sleeping weather and i'll be taking a short nap, shortly. :-) i was up until the wee hours watching "Snapped" on the Oxygen Network. i've heard my mother talk about the show and i've been wanting to see it for a while now.

what prompted me to check it out was my momma telling me about Deion Sanders and his wife Pilar's reality t.v. show, also on the Oxygen Network. after i watched a few episodes of their show, i noticed that "Snapped" was also on the lineup. I guess I watched 30 or 50 episodes, including some of the detailed interviews after the segments.

it was fascinating and my detective-like mind poked holes in several of the cases. of course i was only getting the nine minute version so i'm sure a lot of pertinent facts were left out. but still, thank God i wasn't on any of the juries because the words "reasonable doubt" floated through my mind at random moments.

hmmm... i haven't been on a jury in a long time. back home, i got called up for jury duty every two years, no matter what. in fact, i got a summons forwarded to me in the mail shortly after we moved here. haven't seen one since.

No comments: