Tuesday, April 29, 2008

343: i woke up this morning singing...

...God is so good!

i woke up this morning singing...

God is so good!

my God is so good to me!



the drama (read here) is over.

thank you God, thank you God, thank you God!

the good: a few minor changes in his favor, great big ones in mine.

the sad: this "us vs. them" mentality that has taken the forefront.

the ugly: i want to snap a few necks. (but i know this feeling will pass upon receipt of that first new-and-improved child support check.) and although my tongue has been known to cause heart palpitations, for baby bliss's sake, momma shall put on her "lady" face.

because The Other has told baby bliss he will be at her birthday party with The Other Two in tow.
after all the drama... cuz somebody thought it would be a grand idea to forcibly remove baby bliss from the warm cocoon of momma love she has known since birth.

this whole mess has shown me an example of something i already knew: a college-education, six-figure job, and residing in an exclusive neighborhood, cannot save one from the stigma known as being ghetto.

having said all of the above, when i see The Others, i will exchange cordial hellos and then go about the business of minding mine with the invited guests until time to say good bye.

because i'm grateful.

amen.

.

4 comments:

Susan said...

AMEN! I can only imagine how stressful that whole process must have been! I'm so glad to hear that all is a-okay!

Bliss said...

Thank you Susan.

It was a bit stressful. We were doing a LOT of praying around here. :-)

I feel like I've escaped a giant foot waiting to squash me. LOL

Aly Cat 121 said...

Girl see, that's what mo'fo's get for trying to skip out on paying child support and always thinking "oh I'm stable cuz I make more money than my ex wife." No fool, it's about HAVE YOU BEEN PAYING since she was your ex? If the answer is no, then pay the $200 and GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL cuz yo azz is in arrears. But they don't believe that until the judge bang the gavel and DISMISS they sh*t. Ha!

Good for you mama! I'm glad you can rest a lil more easy now.

Bliss said...

Aly, you know you crack me up! But yes, in a nutshell, he got what his hand called for.

Amen.