Saturday, July 1, 2017



So I'm still awake (barely) in my room at the Hunk's. I've been talking to Baby Bliss and texting with her, my mom, and my sista in Arizona.

I assume the Hunk is asleep in his room on the other side of the house. He was tired around 11 p.m. (me too); we said good night in the living room at 11:30.

We've had a long day and I think neither of us got much sleep last night although we retired to our separate quarters fairly early.

We also got up early.

It was six or 6:30 a.m. when I heard him moving about.

Not wanting to be the bad house guest, I got up soon after. We lounged on the sofa, talked about potential plans for the day and watched the big screen. Finally it was time to get ready so we could head out for breakfast.

After breakfast (at Cracker Barrel), we headed back here for a brief sit-down before we headed to the movie theater.

We saw "Baby Driver", a movie that made me gasp, scream, curse, and laugh out loud. It was pretty good though not what I expected. I think the Hunk enjoyed it too.

After the movie we made a short pit stop at the house again then headed to the mall. But the weather got bad and so did the traffic. We decided to head back home with a stop at Walmart along the way for a few items.

We got home some time after 5 p.m., just in time to start dinner and avoid me succumbing to a low-glucose incident.

He cooked delicious pork chops for us both. My side item was mixed veggies with extra corn. He had something similar but from a different package because his corn came with a seasoned sauce of some sort.


While he cooked dinner I showered and changed into my loungewear because I was tired and we had no plans for anything other than dinner and chilling at the house.

After we ate, I washed dishes then we talked and watched a few things on telly. By 11 p.m. he was ready to turn in and so was I.

He said he's waking me up at 6 a.m.

I hope he was joking. Last night I tossed and turned all night. I need a restful night if I'm gonna function later today (Saturday).

Not that we'll be doing much. It's supposed to rain most of the day which might keep us in (which is fine with me).

He seems to think we need to be out and about the whole time I'm here but for me this is like a mini-vacation. My vacations are usually laid back, with nothing happening on a set schedule, not even meals.

He's ex-military so I guess the strict time thing is still part of his overall lifestyle.

Any way folks, I'm nodding.


No comments: