Tuesday, May 24, 2016


Well y'all, I did not sleep until noon. I was awakened by the cell phone so rudely trilling at an unGodly 9:30 a.m.

So about four hours of sleep and I've been up since then with nary a nap.

Any who, details about the weekend! Which was a near-total snafu but not quite. Once again, que sera, sera because we all know what happens to the best-laid plans, yes?

As Mercury slowly returns to the straight and narrow, she seems to want to go out with a bang, leaving me amazed at the comedy of errors that was my weekend.

Please don't ask about Friday because I honestly don't remember much of what I did. No, I wasn't drinking. (Because I don't indulge.) It's just brain fog.

The one thing that stands out is that I made a new friend on Twitter. We tweeted nicely-worded 140s back and forth through out the day. By evening, we were discussing a meet-ya-halfway road trip.

We'll see.

Memories of Saturday are pretty clear, long day that is was.

I woke up earlier than I wanted (another day I intended to sleep until noon) and wouldn't you know it, pretty soon, I was running late.

My Twitter buddy and I traded an hour or so of DMs then I got outta here to make my Wal-Mart and Aldi run before the BBQ.

My TwitBud called while I was out and we talked until I returned home and had to get ready for my drive down to the Big City for the BBQ.

When I arrived (with a watermelon, a box of ice cream sandwiches, and two trays of Hawaiian bread), the shindig was in full swing.

As predicted, there was a small turn out: six of us. Miz A was there along with M (another member of our sister circle), K (our host), and C (another mutual friend who I've known for years and who just happened to meet Miz A through an event that C hosted at his home for K. (Long story that I'll have to tell here one day.)

There was also R, a lady-friend of K's and C's.

I was hungry enough to eat a wild boar when I arrived so I made haste of the hellos and got right down to gnawing on some baked chicken.

K, our host, was responsible for the green-veggies salad. When I looked for it, I saw that the ingredients were still untouched in the fridge. So it was a bread-meat-chips-dessert kinda afternoon.

C left shortly after my arrival. Soon after, K, imbiber of a few too many drinks, retreated to his bedroom for a short snooze.

This left the four ladies to bond over a hand of spades and some good ole trash-talking. Fun, fun, fun. We probably would have played longer but after hearing that three of us had plans to dash off to the all-white party in a few hours, R decided it was time for her to roll out.

She exchanged numbers with Miz A (so we can invite her to the next sister circle event, which will be a birthday party for yours truly and another circle member) and we three ladies walked her to her car.

My tank was only a quarter full so I harangued Miz A and M into riding with me to fill up. On our drive, Miz A called the guy who was hosting the all-white party. When she was unable to reach an agreement with him regarding our gratis entree into the party, she decided she no longer wanted to attend.

M and I were in agreement because: there was a storm brewing, we didn't want to pay to attend the party of a guy we didn't know, and I hadn't planned to wear all-white any way.

It was raining buckets when we got back to K's, where he emerged from his bedroom alert and happy.

We ladies freshened up and changed into our evening lounge attire. We had a great time, our merry foursome. Food, drinks, music, chatter, laughter, tv...

Every one crashed around midnight except me. I was awake at 2 a.m., when M departed for her long drive back to her southern city. I was also awake when K went to the kitchen for a snack in the wee hours.

I did manage a snooze of my own but was rudely awakened at 7 a.m. by Miz A as she click-clacked her heels on K's wooden floors, headed for her car to stash bags then leave for church, leaving me alone in K's living room.

By 7:30, I realized I wouldn't be nodding off again so I got up and began preparing to head home. K offered to cook breakfast for me but I declined. I was too tired to let anything slow me down.

On my way back to my village, I stopped at Wal-Mart to refill a few water jugs I had in the trunk. I feel like I stopped somewhere else too (maybe at the post office to check my box) but that part is hazy.

I thought I would pass out when I walked in but no. I started laundry, watched telly, grabbed a bite. And before I knew it, I was awake until 5 a.m. Monday morning, which is where my last post started.

As usual, there's more to the story.

Not the weekend story. The Monday story. But by the time I write it, it will be the story of this week. Which might be interesting. I have a potential lunch date for Thursday or Friday, my choice.

Stay tuned.

No comments: