Monday, March 7, 2016

628.

Note: this post was written the morning of Sunday, March 6. In a frenzied rush so I wouldn't be late for my date, I forgot to hit the "publish" button until I returned home from said date, in the wee hours of Monday morning.

Mea culpa.



***



The weekend has been very very good to me.

Fun so far.

I actually had two "first dates".

Both in their early 50s. Opposites in some ways... One tall; one short(er). One opened the car door for me; one did not. One African-American; one Caucasian. One a northern transplant; the other raised in the south.

Both guys asked to see me again today.

My Friday afternoon date invited me out and said "maybe" we would get something to eat.

My Saturday evening date requested the pleasure of my company for an early Sunday evening dinner.

One guess as to who shall be allowed to bask in my dazzling aura today.*

Ahhhhh, the life of an unattached woman...  It's not without its bonuses and I absolutely reserve the right to follow my dating bliss.

And now I must get ready to get ready because I musn't be late.

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know I'm late more than I'm on time. But I'm proud to say I made it to my Friday afternoon date on time and I was able to "adjust" the time for last night's date. So technically I wasn't late.

Today I plan to be on time too.

Wouldn't you know, it's turned out to be a three-date weekend.

Lucky me.



* Lest you dear people think I'm being conceited, it's tongue-in-cheek. While I love myself without reservation or hesitation and I know I'm the best catch for He-Who-Is-The-Best-Catch-For-Me, I don't believe every man is or should be enamored of me.

Some men just can't see the brilliance I exude. Why, even those who do don't always understand it.

So?

The world keeps turning darlings!

Amen.

No comments: