Wednesday, October 28, 2015

589.


Yes, I know I'm supposed to get back to details on my most recent trip north but I've been busy.

Specifically, I've been dating.

More to the point, I've had three (3) "first dates" since I returned home.

The first one lasted several hours and involved three locations. No cigar but we both agreed it was a good date and wished each other luck in our continued quest(s).

The second date was... interesting. He drove an hour and a half to take me to dinner. Nice dinner and conversation until we hit a snag: he was a homophobe.

Game over.

The third date was interesting in a different way. There was lots of laughter, good conversation, a good meal. He and I had a lot in common.

Another kiss in the rain too. A really good kiss in the rain, one that caught me totally off guard.

We have tentative plans to see each other again before the weekend. The plans are "tentative" because if it rains Wednesday and/or Thursday, I will be staying warm and dry right here.

We're seeing each other "before the weekend" because the plans I have for the weekend existed before he and I met.

My Friday plans will happen rain or shine. Saturday's plans require dry skies for the remainder of the week, including Saturday.

Fingers crossed!

A special "thank you" to the universe for keeping my schedule just busy enough.

I'm looking forward to the rest of my week.

Amen.


p.s. Yes, I am aware that I used a lot of quotation marks in this post. Keep calm and put away your red pens.

No comments: