Tuesday, October 6, 2015

581.


After several days of hibernation (mostly) due to the weather, today I ventured out to run errands and take my daughter to work.

We stopped at one of our new favorite eateries for a late lunch before I dropped her off.

As we were ordering our food, a guy came to the register beside us. I saw him hand the owner (who was taking our order) what I thought was money to pay his bill.

Then the guy disappeared without his change, which I thought was unusual but I thought maybe he would get it before he left the place.

The owner thanked the guy then waited about half a minute and told us that the guy had just paid for our meal.

Astonished, I turned to look behind us just in time to see the guy walking out the door. My mouth fell open in shock. As I said "thank you" he waved but never looked back. I hope he heard me.

These are the kinds of stories I read about on the internet and hear on the news daily. The things that happen to other people. I was so overwhelmed that I cried.

I don't know what he looked like. Definitely not who he was.

But I do know that God put us there with him, at the same place and time. Maybe I'll never know why but what I took from it is a reminder.

Good people are like angels, all around us, appearing at unexpected moments when we're busy doing every day stuff.

So who ever you are, thank you sir. I wish you many blessings as you continue to bless those around you.

Amen. 

No comments: