Saturday, June 14, 2014

534.


Never did get that nap.

I did lay down, right here on the living room floor, couch cushions arranged just so.

But the phone rang. It was my beau, calling with words of love and allure that snatched me away from any thoughts of snoozing.

After we said goodbye, I got up and dressed for my evening walk.

Today I walked with the consciousness of walking correctly.

The outcome: awareness definitely assisted improvement.

I was able to walk for 20 minutes at a brisk pace with good form. (That's 10 minutes less than usual because when I started out, the thunder and lightening were threatening to invite rain.)

What I like most and least about my walk every day is the small lake at our local park.

The best thing about the park is the lake, the animals that live in and around it, the path that winds around it.

The worst is having to navigate all the duck/duck/goose poop the critters drop at random spots along the path.

*sigh*

The thought of stepping in anything squishy -- barefoot or while wearing shoes -- is one of those things that makes me gag.

As much as I don't want to see the poop, I know the poopers aren't going anywhere But I don't want to walk without including the park so I guess I'll be side-stepping droppings for the duration.

And now I must be getting to bed. It's been a long day and I'm... tired. (I almost said "pooped"...)

Also, the beau invited me to breakfast and I should be there at 10 a.m.  (I love the way he asks me out, how courtly his words are, how he never assumes I can or will go...)

I'll need to get up by 8 a.m. if I want to be on time without rushing.

Good night folks.

Sweet dreams to all who're headed for bedtime...


No comments: