Friday, October 11, 2013

506.


On another note, it's time to replace my laptop.

*sigh*

If she can hold on until Christmas (or maybe Thanksgiving), I can probably get a good deal on a Windows OS. But thoughts of getting a MacBook Air have me salivating.

I've used a Mac desktop but it's been almost 20 years.

The learning curve might be a little steep but I'm up for the challenge.

My current laptop (an HP that is surprising me with its resilience with each passing hour, literally) is being held together with binder clips and prayer.

The binder clips are keeping the frame  attached to the monitor as well as providing a jerry-rig for holding the lid open. The hinge that should hold it open is gone. Well, not gone but the monitor has separated from the  hinge (after the hinge broke) and it's hanging on by the cables and other innards.

A big piece on the back edge of the component that houses the keyboard popped off a few weeks ago. Other small pieces of black... stuff falls off periodically. It's a mess.

It's also my own fault. I don't know why I thought it was okay to constantly pick it up by the monitor. Now I'm paying for it.

The battery needs replacing as well, which means I should no longer put it in hibernation mode and expect it to be up and running within a few seconds of waking.

I'm still doing it though. (Old habits and all...) I just have to remember to plug it in before I wake it.

Seems like this laptop has lasted longer than the others. I was averaging about two years per. I think I've had this one for three or four. But like my friend Miss Nancy used to say, don't quote me.

.

No comments: