Tuesday, September 11, 2007

224: write when you get work

well y'all, i've been looking for work.

every so often, i get the urge to do something more. usually cuz i need/want more $$ coming in.

last week i talked to a small business owner who wants art for her shop. i e-mailed her photos of the baskets, hoping she'd be interested in them. she liked them but wants them bigger. much bigger.

so i started a new basket this weekend. i'm gonna see how wide i can make the base before it gets weird.

i also have a meet-n-greet/interview with the CEO of a regional magazine later today. i got the hook up from a family member but my editing/writing skills got my foot in the door. i know that what is for me will be mine and i'm thanking God in advance for this wonderful opportunity.

i'll be able to work from home (with occasional forays into the corporate office) and they know i home school so baby bliss is welcome to tag along.

what more can a momma ask for?

this all means we'll have to learn to adhere to something called a schedule.

it's not like we've never had one and don't have one now. it's just that looking at our lives before and after home schooling is like comparing a Picasso painting to... one of my baskets. they're both beautiful but totally different in form and function.

but one thing i've learned over the years is that no matter how full my life seems, there has always been room for something else. as if by magic, some thing--no longer necessary to my existence --just fades away.

speaking of fading away, i've gotta get some sleep. the wake-up call shall ring in at 9 a.m.

.

8 comments:

Aly Cat 121 said...

I think about going back to work sometimes, sorta like what you doing where you could mostly work from home. Cuz I really would like to have my own dayum money. It too much trouble to he houndin the hubby for it all the dayum time.

Bliss said...

You are funny girl! But yeah, I'm really feeling the need to have my own cash flow these days. Child support pays the bills but I need some xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxtra. LOL

Susan said...

Wow! That sounds great! I wish I could find something like that. Well... not right at this immediate moment. I'm overwhelmed as it is. But soon!

Amanda said...

That's awesome, bliss! Congratulations! You're an inspiration. :)

Bliss said...

hey there Susan. i must be getting ready to have a whole lot of stuff disappearing from my to-do list cuz all of a sudden i've got more than i want waiting to "get 'er done". ;-&

but i'm thankful for the ones that will generate $$$. :0)

Bliss said...

Thanks Amanda. You're inspiring too. I'm in awe of y'all mommas with more than one child. Baby Bliss is more than a hand full by herself...

Candace said...

sending you energy and good vibes. you've got the right attitude. I'm going to borrow some or it!

Bliss said...

hey there Candace! welcome to the party. LOL

thanks for the positive energy. i need to re-charge my batteries! '-)