Sunday, October 15, 2017

818.

Happy Sunday folks.

It's a quiet and relaxing day here chez Bliss and I'm thankful.

I was perusing some of my old blog posts and I came across this one: 435. My name is not Oprah.

It's a list of what my favorite things were when I wrote the post.

Many years have gone by since I made the list and today I feel like updating it.

So here it is:


  1. My glass teapot. I still have it, I still love it, and I use it often.
  2. Tazo's "Passion" tea is still on my list. I drink it several times a week, usually cold from the fridge. 
  3. My favorite dusting powder these days is an oldie but goodie, Jean Nate Silkening Body Powder. It smells like heaven and lives up to its description, as it really does make your skin feel silky. I don't wear it often because I wear a lot of black and the powder is white.
  4. I still have one of those semi-sexy "maternity" dresses and it's still my go-to dress for many occasions. 👗
  5. Plantain chips have supplanted sweet potato chips as my snack of choice.
  6. These days, plain sparkling mineral water works well for me. And while I do like the plain version just fine, I also use it half-and-half with fruit juice on days when I want to drink something bubbly and sweet. Maybe I'll start mixing it with my Passion tea... 
  7. Sweet potato plants. I don't have much of a green thumb but I've come to love greenery around the house. A friend taught me how to plant sprouting sweet potatoes to get some of the loveliest and (fastest-growing) plants I've ever seen. My latest is so far the most beautiful (and biggest) of all. 🌱🍀🌿
In case anyone is interested, I still have my toasty warm and super soft knit slipper socks from Wal-Mart, I'm no longer using the glass fish bowls to pot plants, I still love the body butter from Habeebah's Herbals (but it's been ages since I've used it because I'm using pure oils these days like almond, sesame, and grape seed), and I still have yarns I like but none I currently love. 


No comments: