Friday, September 15, 2017

810.

Happy Friday everyone.

I hope everyone is doing well.

First, thank you all for the prayers, well wishes, positive energy, and positive thoughts for my dad's health and healing.

I am happy to say he came through his surgery much better than his doctors expected. After a week in the hospital, he was moved to a rehabilitation facility and is doing well. 🎊🎈🎊🎈🎊🎈

As for me, I am recovering from a lot of time on the road. I'm also experiencing withdrawal symptoms after spending a few weeks with my new suitor. (Let's call him Mr. Quince.)

My dad lives about an hour from my hometown so in between visits with him, I had the opportunity to spend some much-needed quality time with Mr. Quince at his place.

Making the transition from being friends with someone to being in a romantic relationship with that person is exhilarating. It's fun and frustrating, messy and miraculous, amazing and anxiety-inducing.

We're both excited about the current situation as well as future possibilities. 😍😍😍

If he and I didn't already have a real connection (growing up in the same neighborhood, similar childhood experiences, friends in common, and an already-established friendship), the long distance aspect of this relationship would be difficult if not impossible for me.

But I'm okay with it for now. For now. If anything changes, Mr. Quince will be notified with the quickness. (As we would say back home.)

He's making plans to visit me as soon as he can get here. Although he is formally retired, he takes on special projects for friends and family that keep him busy enough. His current project is daunting but he's about halfway through it and he said he wouldn't take on anything new unless it's related to him relocating to my area.

Que sera, sera...

Life is so unpredictable. I'm definitely looking forward to more time shared with Mr. Quince but open to how it happens. I do have family living near him and with my dad's health being what it is, it's entirely possible that I'll have to head that way again any day.

The extended driving, the packing and unpacking... It's all exhausting but I'm thankful my schedule allows me to do so when necessary.

In the in between, I'm relaxing as much as possible. 😊

Amen.


2 comments:

C.George said...

God is good.

Glad your father is okay

Bliss said...

Thank you George. My daddy is doing well. God IS good and I remain thankful.