Thursday, August 17, 2017

804.

Howdy folks and Happy Thursday! 😊

I hope everyone reading is doing well.

I sure am. 😀

Despite the monotony of performing mundane chores like laundry, vacuuming, and washing dishes, Wednesday was an intriguing day chez Bliss.

My down time was spent talking and texting with a man I dated briefly when I was in my late teens.

Let's call him the Astronaut.

Brief though our acquaintance was, I was absolutely besotted with the Astronaut. And so he has always had a home in my heart and my thoughts.

About 50 percent of our conversation was him expressing his awe at our virtual reunion. We also talked about a face-to-face reunion, to likely take place in a few weeks, when I go visit my dad.

Ole pack rat that I am, I knew I still had pictures of one never-forgotten weekend we spent together back in 1986. After I scanned in the photos, I uploaded them, then texted them to him.

Although I've seen the photos many times over the intervening years, it had been a long time since I'd last looked at them. Viewing them again brought back a bunch of sweet memories for me, bittersweet memories for him once he saw them. (Via text.)

His mom, who is now deceased, was alive when he and I dated. She was a kind and beautiful woman and I loved her from the moment I met her. He said she felt the same about me. Many years ago, she came to me in a dream as she was dying. Her warm smile and welcoming spirit are lodged in my heart forever.

Sadly, there were no photos of his mom from that weekend but we both know she was there and I think that made it sadder for him. He told me how much he missed her, told me how much she liked me and wanted him to marry me.

Wow.

On a more upbeat note, the Astronaut told me I was his first love. He also said he stills loves me and has been looking for me for decades.

The last part isn't surprising because I've looked for him many times over the years too. Not to rekindle, but because I'd always wondered where he was, how his life had turned out after his mom died. There was also something I needed to tell him.

Shortly after we rang off the first time, he texted me to say his sister would be calling me. She did and we had a brief, pleasant conversation about her brother. During our chat, she said he'd told her "I found my wife".

Well then...

Long distance dating...

He and I currently live several hours from each other. He has a job and a part-time job but he doesn't work on weekends. My schedule is as flexible as it can be so I have more time to go back and forth. But he did say he would fly down to see me as often as possible.

Folks, stay tuned for what ever is coming next. With my life being what it is, one never knows. 😉

A big "thank you" to Facebook for facilitating the re-connection. 👍🏾

p.s. Today's date has been cancelled. 🔕

No, not because of the re-connect with my teen-age sweetheart.

One, I realized early Wednesday evening that I wasn't in the mood to make the extended drive to meet the guy. Two, I realized late Wednesday evening that I hadn't heard from the guy all day. Three, I might be heading for a weekend at the beach later today.

I sent dude a text cancelling the date. I texted well before midnight so while it was late notice, I don't consider it last-minute notice. Yes, calling him probably would have been better. But I'm pretty sure he'll be okay with it. He seems to be that kinda guy.

Time for bed.

G'night y'all.


No comments: