Thursday, July 20, 2017

788.

Happy Thursday everyone!

It's been a whirlwind two weeks for me.

Glutton for punishment that I am, I re-visited the Hunk.

Literally.

Twice.

Yes, yes, yes. I know.

I probably shouldn't have.  πŸ˜†

But I thought it was worth making sure.

And it was.

I am now sure we are not meant to be. Not in the way he or I had hoped for. 😐

At times like this, I am reminded of how thankful I am to have had Mr. Bliss in my life.

He taught me so much about love and what's acceptable and what is not.

He was a man who stood proud and tall, although his physical stature was only 5' 7".

Not proud in the sense of "Pride goeth before a fall". (Although we did have a few incidences of that during our relationship. πŸ˜†)

Mr. Bliss took a quiet and humble pride in being who he was: a man who loved unconditionally, a man of peace and reconciliation, a man of compassion who very rarely had anything derogatory or harsh to say about another living thing.

He was a happy man, always meeting folk with a smile or a grin.

He was also a mature man who about 99 percent of the time displayed actions that were in line with his chronological age.

One of the (many) things I loved about Mr. Bliss was that he never went to bed mad at me, without kissing me good night and telling me he loved me.

It didn't matter who committed the "offense". Before he closed his eyes, he wanted me to know that he loved me. And he didn't hold grudges.

He was love, forgiveness, unselfishness personified. Again, that was about 99 percent of the time. πŸ˜‰He was no angel but I know now that he was as close to it on this earth as I've ever experienced.

I won't harp on anything further here, at least not now.

I drove home this morning and I'm tired. I might need a nap soon.

What I will say is that I know, I know, I know this for sure: a person who doesn't love himself (regardless of the reason) will love not you. It's not possible. 😞

For my readers who will never give up on finding the romantic partner who sets their soul ablaze (as I won't), I say this: never forget to love yourself and delight in your own company. It is paramount to your existence, your peace, your happiness. πŸ’•

While my brief interlude with the Hunk left me disappointed, I am not disheartened.

You, my faithful readers, should know by now that "Resilience" is truly my middle name.

I believe, I believe, I believe that the heretofore absent Lover I seek is seeking me too. One day we'll be at the same place at the same time and rainbows will appear in the sky as our eyes meet.

😊🌈🌈😊

And we'll live a life of extraordinary and exquisite enchantment.

Until then, the dance continues...

Amen.

No comments: