Sunday, April 2, 2017

727.

Hello and Happy Sunday y'all!

I hope everyone is in good health and good spirits.

Looks like it's gonna be a lazy day chez Bliss.

It's a beautiful day and I'm so thankful.

The sun is shining, my windows are open, a cool breeze is fluttering my sheers, and I'm watching movies.

First up was one of my favorites, Dance with Me. Dancing, romance, laughter, love... My kind of show.

That Chayanne with his fine self... The first time I saw the movie, I wanted to learn Spanish and take the next flight to Cuba.

Luckily I already had my own hot Latin. 😉

I also watched Ray, a movie I've seen many times but it's another of my favorites. While the movie is highly entertaining, there are some truths that are undoubtedly altered or all together left out. This article at slate.com gives a clearer picture: It's a Shame About Ray.

Now I'm watching Woman Thou Art Loosed: On the Seventh Day. It's my first time seeing this one. Mega, mega, mega-watt star Pam Grier is in it. I love her. Every time I see her, I know she's my big sister from another life.

Maybe she seems so familiar because she looks just like a family of sisters I grew up with. They lived around the corner from my grandma. I was envious of them, not having any sisters myself.

There was the prospect of a date today but I wasn't feeling it and he asked for a rain check at the last minute.

No worries. The Universe always gives me what I need and today I need to be doing just what I'm doing.  👌

I'm also preparing Sunday Dinner.

Say what?!

Yes, that is correct. It's also funny. People who know me know why.

My beloved grandma once told me I'd never get a husband because I couldn't cook. Well she was woefully incorrect.

I've had several husbands and they all cooked. With the exception of one, they cooked right tasty vittles. 🍗🍞🍛🍤🍚

Lucky me.

As with most other things husbandly, Mr. Bliss was the best cook of the lot.

Baby Bliss and I dined out for many meals after my Beloved made his transition. Partly because I couldn't bear grocery shopping and partly because I didn't have much practice cooking.

Any way, that's all detailed in another post or two. Maybe three or four. No rehashing here.

Well folks, time to scoot.

A sista has to eat!  😄

No comments: