Saturday, December 10, 2016

714.

Folks!

I hope everyone is healthy and peaceful as of this reading.

As for me, I've been a busy lady. Doing lots of stuff that I can't totally recall because it's been lots.

What I do remember:

- pre-Thanksgiving: my car was in for repairs for a week. Expensive repairs. They loaned me a current model year to hold me over and they wanted me to like it enough to want a new car. Nope. I didn't like it at all and drove it as little as possible. I was thankful to get my ride back the day before the holiday.

- Thanksgiving: Baby Bliss and I cooked some stuff, bought some stuff, and ate most of it that day. Big Sister Bliss dropped by later with plates of food to share from her celebration at her parent's.

- In the name of reorganizing and simplifying my life, there has been lots of sorting, tossing, and donating happening here. Shredding too.

- Lots of flirting going on, both in the real world and the virtual one. Some of it has been really surprising. More specifically, a text message I received from a dude I have a weird kind of crush on. We've been friendly for decades and we've had a couple of social outings in the past year or so. We talk and text periodically; we're friends on social media. He might even read this blog.

It was only a two-word text but those two words (no, "love" was not one of them) were totally unexpected in their expression of caring. Not that I think of him think of him as lacking in sensitivity but that text was out of the norm for what I thought were the boundaries of our relationship.

Although I responded in kind (because it was how I truly felt), it was 30 minutes later because was the text really for me?

In the days since, I've also been wondering if there's more to that "discussion".

*sigh*

Regardless, for the duration of our acquaintance, our lives have mostly intertwined in what I thought of as the most casual way possible. So even if the text was for me and I sure did (and do) second his emotion, his expression of the sentiment is what I would need to get right with.

In the past few days we've shared a few texts on our usual text topics (solo activities that singles our age indulge in and the possibilities of seeing each other "soon") so I don't want to read too much into something that may not require me to devote any more time or energy to it.

Maybe the real issue is that we've never precisely defined the boundaries of our relationship.

Before now I've never felt it necessary. He lives there; I live here. Our lives are so different that I can't imagine us spending more time together than we already do. Not for lack of trying on his part but although we've socialized in the past (and probably will again) I don't think we're really each other's type for anything serious or long-term.

Because he lives there and I live here. And some other things too.

If I had my druthers (as my mama used to say), he would move here (because I love my town and never want to leave unless I'm leaving the country) and we would live happily ever after. Because he is cool and hot and smart and a few other things I can't quite put my finger on.

But he also has some habits I don't like and that's fine. He is who he is. I don't expect him to change nor do I want him to because some of his less desirable traits are part of his whole effing overall sexiness.

And I've just given a whole lotta energy to this... situation. Might make for an interesting dream or two.

Ha!

In any event, it's time for me to make some zees.

Mr. Skittish is coming to town and we have plans to hang out, maybe get a meal and a movie at some point.

He's arriving early so I'll be up when the roosters clock out of first shift.

More later y'all.

No comments: