Friday, November 18, 2016

709.


I'm getting just awful at publishing my blog posts in a timely manner...

Shame on me!

I did have a date Wednesday, with a guy I met online. (Of course.)

It was... interesting.

We met face-to-face at the car dealership because it needed to go for servicing and he wanted to introduce me to his service guy. (We drive the same make of car.)

Although we'd planned the date the week before, the night before he told me that though we were meeting at 11 a.m., he had a doc appointment at 1 p.m.

Okay...

Well, we met and then he wanted to grab a bite with me.

Um, okay.

I reminded him of his 1 p.m. doc appointment and he said not to worry.

We had our meal then returned to the dealership.

The good news: my car is in great overall shape. It needed an alignment and some fluids flushed and replaced. I also requested that they restore my headlight covers.

The bad news: my car is 10 years old next month and it's time for my hybrid battery to be replaced.

I wasn't surprised because it was just a matter of time. I'm just thankful I'm able to do it.

My date and I also went to the park. We sat in his car and talked because sadly, the air here isn't safe to breath right now. There are several large fires burning in the mountains a few hours away. The smoke is so bad that it's been blowing down our way for about a week now.

What's scary is that even when we haven't been able to smell it or see the haze, experts said that ultra fine particulates are still being sucked into our lungs and could potentially cause respiratory issues at some future date.

Any way, back to the date.

His doc appointment was either cancelled for Wednesday or non-existent because it never happened.

We ended up back at the dealership where I signed off on the repairs and picked up a loaner car. My date and I sat in the loaner in the parking lot for about 20 minutes, saying goodbye. He asked if I would see him again and I said yes.

When I left, I headed to my grandma's for a very brief visit. We watched the news for 10 or 15 minutes. When grandma began praising the governor for enacting that ridiculous revenue-sucking HB2, I began packing up to head home.

My date and I have talked and texted lots since our date but there's been no mention of date number two.

Que sera, sera baby!

I'm still single and not holding my breath waiting.

Not that I'm expecting to do too much more dating. It's already starting to get cold and dark around 4 or 5 p.m. I do not like winter clothes or shoes so as the days grow shorter and colder, I'm much more likely to be home curled up on my sofa with a good book or my crochet hooks and yarn.

Gotta run folks!

Lots to do this weekend starting right now.

Peace and blessings to you all.

No comments: