Wednesday, October 12, 2016

702.

Good morning and Happy Wednesday folks.

It's almost 1 a.m. and I'm tired. Fighting sleep and exhaustion because I felt compelled to write this post before I turn in...

I'll get right to the point because I'm losing the battle.

The last dream I had before I awoke Tuesday morning featured my first husband, whom I haven't seen or heard from in over a decade.

Upon awakening, I jumped right into doing other things and I lost the tendrils of the dream. But all day, thoughts of hubby #1 lingered in the fringes.

Finally I decided to Google him.

He has a common name, requiring me to fully utilize my finely-honed research skills. It took about 15 minutes to find the onion; another 15 or so to peel it.

To be succinct, I learned he was murdered several years ago.

I won't repeat the particulars but I will say I wasn't surprised that it happened. How it happened was a shocker because I knew him to be a cautious man.

Maybe he got sloppy in his later years.

Or maybe it was... something else.

It was said to have been a random event.

Perhaps.

No comments: