Friday, August 19, 2016

689.


Hey folks.

Happy Friday!

This one will be short because I'm closing in on the tail of a project I need to get back to a client by 6 p.m., latest.

I love checking out the GroupOn website a few times a month. Lots of interesting stuff to look at and think about buying.

Occasionally I do buy stuff.

Usually discounts for food or events like the Steely Dan/Steve Winwood concert that Baby Bliss and I attended last month.

Several weeks ago I purchased discounts for our favorite local fro yo place as well as a set of six essential oils.

My family tends toward holistic/alternative healing modalities such as acupuncture, Reiki, homeopathy, essential oils (EOs), etc.

We don't partake instead of Western medicine, rather as an adjunct to, especially in cases of non-life threatening maladies.

For at least the past two decades, I've always kept a supply of essential oils in my home.

I've usually purchased them from "health food" stores or similar. My brands of choice were Aura Cacia and NOW.

GroupOn had a good deal on EOs by a brand I've never tried (or heard of) but I was willing, pending the outcome of satisfactory (and extensive) research.

The six EOs: eucalyptus, lemon, lavender, tea tree, orange, and peppermint. They are my staple oils, with the exception of orange and lemon.

And while I've bought lemon EO in the past 20 years, I've only bought it once. I've never bought the orange EO and have never used it.

The other four oils will be used for a variety of medicinal purposes. The citrus oils will mostly be used for cleaning purposes.

Here they are:



Alright folks, it's back to work for me.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

No comments: