Friday, May 6, 2016

653.


Last weekend was super busy.

Saturday, my beau and I had a fantastic outing with Baby Bliss as well as several members of the sister circle. A few of the ladies brought their significant others along as well.

There were lots of people, food trucks, a d.j., children, puppies, vendors, and ladies selling baked goods.

We ate, drank, laughed, danced, and more for several hours. Two-thirds of our group left after two or three hours. The threat of rain finally got the rest us to head for home.


* * *


Sunday my suitor and I joined his parents (and other relatives) at church.

Baptist church.

It had been a while since I'd been to a Baptist church. The rhythm of the service never fails to move me to tears of both joy and sadness.

After service we joined his parents for dinner at Ruby Tuesday. After dinner, we went back to their place for a few hours to talk, watch telly, do a few puzzles...

Just a quiet evening at home.

Driving back to my place, we encountered a series of frightening thunder storms. Lots of lightening, blinding rain, thunder.

Driving in the rain is a thing I dread. Being a passenger when someone else is driving in the rain is anxiety-inducing. If it's dark and the rain is really coming down, I begin to panic.

If I'm driving, I can turn on my double blinkers and go as slow as safely possible. If the rain is pouring, I'll pull over to the closest shoulder.

God bless my sugar pie. He kept right on plowing along, storm be damned. He drives for a living so it's second nature to him to keep the train moving.

 All I can say is I survived but the hairs on the back of my neck are still standing at attention.


* * *

Overall it was a fantastic weekend.

Here's to many more.

Amen.

No comments: