Friday, March 4, 2016

627.


There must be something stirring in the heavens and it's not Mercury going retrograde because I checked.

Whatever it is, it's dragging a few of my "exes" along with it.

I'm not sure if I should be laughing or running.

In this instance, it was this one: Fun Young Guy. And this one: A guy who got no individual mention (although our second -- and last -- date got him some serious side-eye).

It's probably best to laugh as I run sprint the hell outta dodge.

Fun Young Guy called me last night from a number I didn't recognize (therefore not yet on my "block" list), a dirty trick I have no patience for.

Obviously he really wanted to talk to me or hear my voice. Or maybe he just wanted to know if I was still breathing. (Because he's been calling me periodically for a year with no response.)

But that's his issue. The last few times we saw each other, he really got under my skin.

Yes, I know there's all sorts of fodder for self-improvement in interacting with someone who really gets your goat. But once I know the cord has a short in it, I don't think it's wise to keep plugging in the appliance. Nasty shocks might ensue. Time to get rid of it.

Truly, I don't like to hurt people's feelings because it's been done to me and it doesn't feel good.

But I'm hoping that the text I sent after our terse (me) and barely-courteous (me again) conversation will be enough to deter him from contacting me again: Please delete my number and do NOT call me any more. Thanks. (Insert smiling emoji here.)

Leos...



***


The other dude should have just let sleeping dogs lie.

Like, for real.

Our second date (Halloween weekend) ended when he got into an argument via cellphone with an "ex".

Yes, during the date.

He e-mailed me the other day on the website we met on, apologizing and asking to make it up to me.

Dude...

If ever there was a time to be rude, that second date was probably it. However, I exited like a lady and not the slash-you-to-shreds-with-my-tonuge Gemini that I can be.

My response to his e-mail was peaceful.

Zen-like.

Actually, it was Nichiren-like.



***


Hmmm... Now that I think about it, three exes emerged from the mist.

Last week I got an e-mail on the dating site from another guy I had two dates with (also last year). He tried the okie doke: he was sorry that things didn't work out for us but I was such a great lady that he wanted to see how I was doing, if maybe we could go out again...

*chuckle*

After he acted like a toddler when I asked a question he didn't like, after date number two?

Ignore.



***



Et maintenant, because it's Friday and I have lots on my to-do list, this sista is about to rev it up to a higher gear.

I have a "first date" at 3 p.m. and a few errands to run before it's time to get all glammed up. 💄👗👡


.

No comments: