Thursday, July 28, 2011

480: More family ties.

The family tree grow-eth massively larger! (See this post for more details: family ties.)

I forgot to mention that my mother, daughter and I had lunch with a cousin from my mother's generation while we were home. He filled in a lot of missing info for us regarding my grandmother's birth father and the great uncle who raised her. Some of it fit in perfectly with info we already had. Some of it only confused us more due to several family members having same or similar first names and some only being known to our cousin by nicknames.

Either way, it was still good info and the stories he told about some family members were hysterically funny. A few times we laughed so loud, i thought we might be asked to leave the restaurant.

Since we've been home, I've been using Family Search to gather corroborating data where possible. It's both fun and frustrating.

.

No comments: