Sunday, March 20, 2011

464: Time to make the... donuts.

No, I'm not really making donuts.

I'm making Easter Hearts.

My daughter and I started our own Easter tradition several years ago. She didn't like boiled eggs and I don't encourage eating candy so I came up with something I thought was fun and loving.

Instead of an Easter egg hunt, we do an Easter heart hunt. That first year I cut 10 hearts out of white paper, decorated them all in different colors and designs, and hid them around the house.

She saved them from year to year and each year, she'd give them back to me right before Easter.

This year, she doesn't know it but I'm going to do something different. The hearts we have from previous years have gotten a tad tattered. It's time for new hearts.

Soooooooooooooo, I'm gonna crochet 10 new hearts for this year's Easter hunt.

I've finished one as of today.
.

No comments: