Tuesday, February 22, 2011

461: She loves me.

These past few weeks have been difficult for me. I've been experiencing some health challenges that first manifest as we were returning home (from my hometown) after a funeral.

I haven't yet gotten back to 100%. And today was a "fall back" day for me. Yesterday I felt good. Today I did not. Tonight I don't. Tomorrow, who knows?

Which is a bit stressful because today my to-do list went undone. But no worries. Que sera, sera...

A bright spot: Today my daughter gave me a wonderful compliment.

A few minutes after I finished a phone call with a friend, my daughter came to me and said, "Mommy, you know, you're very smart."

When I asked her how she had come to that conclusion, she said she had overheard part of my conversation and some things I said let her know that I really was smart.

*sigh*

So even though my body felt like a glob of day-old oatmeal today, my heart soared on light and fluffy wings.  :)

.

No comments: