There are some who have passed on who I wish were alive to see this day. But if there be angels, I know they are smiling down on us today.
Number one on my list: Big G, my paternal grandmother.
Others who aren't here in the flesh (but I hope they're watching and shouting!):
- Barack Obama's grandmother,
- the wives of our slain civil rights leaders: Miss Coretta, Miss Betty (Shabazz),
- our beloved Rosa Parks
- our funny man, Bernie Mac
- our hardest working entertainer, James Brown.
- our senior sexy soul singer, Isaac Hayes
- countless others who would have been ecstatic to see this day