cuz we're a living family tree.
grandma's house is the trunk and we (her children and grandchildren) form the limbs. our growth starts a few blocks from her house and spans a distance of several hundred miles.
any way, i finally made it back home after gallivanting all over creation for most of the day with grandma.
she had me going hither and yon, getting stuff for the tomorrow's party. sam's, walmart, lowe's foods... then the bank, post office, home, and back to grandma's.
but i'm still not done. here is tomorrow's to-do list:
- pray that this "get the key from #1 auntie" plan goes off without a hitch at 9 am or earlier
- return call to would-be party guest who needs the address and directions (um, you got an e-vite on this one lady!)
- 10 a.m. - pick up the cake
- later - get fruit (grapes, watermelon, strawberries), a few cans of dr. pepper
- don't forget - pasta salad, pineapples are at our house; at grandma's -potato salad, chicken, drinks, green salads
- take the tennis and badminton rackets, tennis balls, shuttle cock
- 11:30 a.m. - load all non-perishables on mr. bliss's truck
- make sure the girls have their swim suits, towels, extra clothing, shampoo and soap
- food goes in my car; the kids will ride with my momma 'nem
- grandma is riding with #2 auntie
- 12 noon - arrive at party location and begin setting up
- 1-4 p.m. - fiesta!
- 4-5 p.m. - clean up